Product Data-MERSORB® CR
mercury adsorbent, condensate resistant
CONDENSATE RESISTANT BENEFITS
MERCURY VAPOR REMOVAL FROM GASES
• Resistant to Damage from Condensate
• High Hg Removal Efficiency
• Low Initial AND End-of-Life ∆P
• Clean Operation
• Impregnant will NOT dissolve in Hydrocarbons or Liquid Water
• Will not agglomerate when exposed to liquids
• Hard, Low Dust Pellets
• Meets pipeline specs. For Hg
• FORM: Extruded Steam Activated Pellets of Uniform Diameter, Available in Pellet Diameters of 1.5 mm, 3 mm, or 4 mm.
• IMPREGNATION: Proprietary metal oxide
• SURFACE AREA of CARBON SUBSTRATE: 1,000 sq. meters per gram (by N2 BET test method)
• HARDNESS: 98 % Hardness, Minimum (ASTM D3802)
• PACKED BULK DENSITY: 32 Lbs per Cu. Ft. (510 Kg/Cu. Meter)(ASTM D2854)
• SULFUR CONTENT: 13 Wt. %, Typical
• MERCURY CAPACITY: ≥ 10 Wt. % Hg Adsorption Capacity is Typical in Dynamic, Gas-Treatment Applications
• MOISTURE CONTENT: 5 Wt. %, Maximum (ASTM D2867), As packaged
• ASH (ASTM D2866): 15 Wt.% Typical
The impregnant in MERSORB® CR mercury adsorbent will not dissolve in liquid hydrocarbons or liquid water. However, the sulfur & iodide impregnants used in other mercury adsorbents are permanently removed when exposed to condensing or entrained droplets of liquid hydrocarbons/liquid water. MERSORB® CR will not lose its impregnant – when good operating conditions are restored, MERSORB® CR will return to its high Hg removal efficiency operation. With other products, once the impregnants are gone, the Hg removal efficiency cannot be restored. MERSORB® CR mercury adsorbent has demonstrated mercury removal to < 0.010 microgram Hg/Nm3 in both dry & water saturated gases. Applications include meeting product gas specification for Hg, meeting pollution effluent permit levels, & protecting various types of downstream catalysts & equipment. Adsorption design and field technical services are available.
Providing Solutions to remove mercury for emission control, corrosion prevention and catalyst protection.
Selective Adsorption Associates, Inc. (SAA) offers over 40 years of experience in Process Engineering of Adsorption Systems for Gas and Liquid Drying, Sulfur Compound Removal, Emission Control, and over 20 years of Process Design experience in Mercury Removal Systems.
CAUTION: Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air. Thus, an asphyxiation hazard exists inside enclosed spaces containing activated carbon. Use appropriate safety precautions when entering vessels or other enclosed spaces containing activated carbon. Exposure to strong acids and oxidizers can cause formation of toxic H2S gas.
MERSORB® is a trademark of Nucon International, Inc. (NUCON®) for impregnated activated carbons used to remove mercury from gases and liquids. NUSORB® is a trademark of NUCON for its activated carbons. Information presented herein is believed to be accurate and reliable but does not provide any guarantee or warrantee by NUCON® or by Selective Adsorption Associates, Inc. Nothing herein shall be construed as an invitation to use processes covered by patents without proper arrangements with individuals or companies owning those patents.
AntiMercure® is a Registered Trademark of Selective Adsorption Associates, Inc. (SAA) for its Process for removing mercury from water; AntiMercure™ is a trademark of SAA for its pre-Engineered Systems for removing mercury from water. All Rights Reserved.