ADSORPTION PROCESS DESIGN
• Identify the adsorbent which provides the required level of Contaminant Removal Efficiency Optimum Adsorption Capacity
• Determine number & size of adsorber vessels required • Determine adsorbent regeneration requirements
• Specify adsorption & regeneration cycle times
• Provide adsorber vessel loading diagram
VESSEL DRAWING REVIEW
• Review mechanical drawings of existing or newly designed vessels • Advise suitability
• Recommend improvements
• Advise on adsorbent loading techniques & hazards
• Advise on adsorbent unloading techniques & hazards
• Early contaminant breakthrough • Excessive pressure drop
• Performance optimization
• Adsorbent change-out decisions
• How the adsorption unit affects & is affected by other operating units • How adsorbents work
• How adsorption & regeneration processes work
• How to diagnose & deal with common operating problems
Member of AIChE
Member of ASTM Committee D-28 on Activated Carbon
Providing Solutions to remove mercury for emission control, corrosion prevention and catalyst protection.
Selective Adsorption Associates, Inc. (SAA) offers over 40 years of experience in Process Engineering of Adsorption Systems for Gas and Liquid Drying, Sulfur Compound Removal, Emission Control, and over 20 years of Process Design experience in Mercury Removal Systems.
CAUTION: Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air. Thus, an asphyxiation hazard exists inside enclosed spaces containing activated carbon. Use appropriate safety precautions when entering vessels or other enclosed spaces containing activated carbon. Exposure to strong acids and oxidizers can cause formation of toxic H2S gas.
MERSORB® is a trademark of Nucon International, Inc. (NUCON®) for impregnated activated carbons used to remove mercury from gases and liquids. NUSORB® is a trademark of NUCON for its activated carbons. Information presented herein is believed to be accurate and reliable but does not provide any guarantee or warrantee by NUCON® or by Selective Adsorption Associates, Inc. Nothing herein shall be construed as an invitation to use processes covered by patents without proper arrangements with individuals or companies owning those patents.
AntiMercure® is a Registered Trademark of Selective Adsorption Associates, Inc. (SAA) for its Process for removing mercury from water; AntiMercure™ is a trademark of SAA for its pre-Engineered Systems for removing mercury from water. All Rights Reserved.